1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Sexy beast" L2

Discussion in 'Customer Support' started by IAmNotGr33n, Apr 24, 2014.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

I love your videos, I just don't have the free time to make ones like this!!

I notice that you have a bit of salt creep around the nylon screws for cradling the slot pipe - I think you need to tighten the white threaded plug a little more. You can get it pretty tight, you're not going to crack out the acrylic. I wouldn't crank down on it with a wrench, but get a damp paper towel and put that in your hands to get a little better grip on it. I have to find something that can slip over that like a rubber knob so people can tighten it easier

I do the exact same thing when cleaning to get the false bottom out - use the back of the toothbrush as a "hook"

You can remove the light blockers by just pulling them back off the slot pipe. You probably didn't need to clean them this time but you will in the future. Algae will attach to the ends of the tabs and you'll just need to scrape with your fingernail and scrub with the tile brush.

Great video, again!!

2. IAmNotGr33n

IAmNotGr33n Member Customer

Hey Bud thanks, you don't need to make videos, just keep making 'em scrubbers :)

Too me it looks like, it's the nylon screws that creep, but it's hard to see. I can wipe off the salt, and tighten the white cap. If it's stops... Yeah, if not, I'll give the screws some silicon.

I know I can remove them, but I pushed the white holders at the end of the pipe too tight, so they wore holding the blockers.

Too all - if you enjoy the videos
    Feel free to SMACK the like button on YouTube :-D

3. IAmNotGr33n

Lol i uploaded some videos on Algae scrubbers you know SM's they got deleted in 3 min

4. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

No kidding. So much for being all about algae scrubbers. It's now all about his or maybe just not mine.

On the end caps, you dont need them pushed on tight. They only help keep the o-ring in place, so they just need to be on enough to allow the pipe to fit in the box (should be fine as shipped). So you can back those out a bit so the light blockers aren't tight

5. IAmNotGr33n

Yeah he realy has a thing for you, maby he just don't like well buildt scrubbers ;)
    But I'll keep posting, I want to join the "got ban team" :p

I adjusted them back, works like a charm now

6. IAmNotGr33n

LMAO I uploaded the easy clean 2 times and got this message
    image.jpg

7. IAmNotGr33n

It's sad that SM is deleting users posts, just because they love there scrubber... So what if it's not SM's design.
    I have build his UAS design, it was not working for me, not of design error more me **** at building...

Then I saw "the Beast L2" it was perfect for me.

I don't think, Bud will ban a member of this forum for uploading a video of a scrubber DIY or bought no mater the brand.

dear SM this attitude will be your downfall

8. hanky

hanky New Member

Hi there great video of the unboxing very thorough,by the way whats the music used in this video lol

9. IAmNotGr33n

Thanks for getting us back on track,

Haha the troll song

10. hanky

hanky New Member

Lol cool weirdest sounding song i ever heard, I see your loving your L2 what flow do you have on the screen and what pump are you using.

11. IAmNotGr33n

I love my scrubber, my Wife thinks I am werd, looking/making videos about algae :)
    Oh i am using a Tunze pump with around 1000 l/h

12. hanky

hanky New Member

Haha yh i can why she thinks this lol, cool im asking this because im looking to purchase a L2 very soon i pmed bud for price to uk.:)

13. IAmNotGr33n

You're going to love it! I think shipping to UK is around 100$ Jeg can't remember the price right now... But I am sure Bud will get back too you soon :)
    In the meantime I have some videos of it running.

14. hanky

hanky New Member

Ok thanks and yh i have watched all your videos so far thanks, i cant wait for week 3 video :)

15. IAmNotGr33n

I can't wait either

16. Garf

Garf Member Trusted Member

Welcome to the club :)

17. IAmNotGr33n

Thanks, it's way warmer on this side ;-)

18. IAmNotGr33n

Now look at this

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400307925.117199.jpg

It's time for the 2 cleaning, but do I scrape the algae too?

19. Garf

Garf Member Trusted Member

Yep. Don't worry, it will come back.

20. IAmNotGr33n

Thanks, this will be the first scrape, I'll upload the video soon