1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small waterfall for Nano

Discussion in 'Experimental Scrubber Concepts' started by sabbath, Dec 8, 2012.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. sabbath

sabbath Member Trusted Member Customer

Are you looking at doing a L1 or a Nano tank water fall ATS?

2. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

I originally was planning an L1, but it became cost prohibitive. Plus there didn't seem to be much demand for it. The UAS seems to be a better fit for nanos. But I think you have a better view on that, having both.

3. sabbath

Oh okay thought I would check. Looks like I will have to figure out another way to filter my daughters tank. I had a Hog.5 on it for about 5 months and it did nothing for it. I did all of the recommended mods to it to the point of it looking like Swiss cheese...
    It just got filed to the blunder pile.

4. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

Well, how much room do you have above the tank? Is there a lid on it? Light fixture? I'm going to move this conversation to the experimental scrubbers category...just fyi

5. sabbath

I have 7" above the tank and using a glass top. The lights are LEDs under the glass in the front. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355081839.543741.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355081859.921375.jpg