1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tank size to food ratio

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Matt Berry, Nov 20, 2014.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. Matt Berry

Matt Berry Active Member Trusted Member

Hi,

Curious as to what people feed their tank in relation to their tank size.
    Can anybody who has a scrubber please reply with the size of the tank (inc sump), and how much frozen food they feed per day / what their scrubber is rated for?

2. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

I have a 120g (2x2x4) with probably about 90g of volume once you subtract out the glass, rock, and substrate (they measure tanks on outer dimensions when calculating size, isn't that nice?) with an L2 fed about 1.5-2 cubes/day on average

I have a 40g breeder with a 4x6 screen UAS (lit on both sides) which is fed about 1/4 cube/day on average

I maintain a 125 with an L2 that is fed probably about 2 cubes/day M-F and occasionally once on the weekend.

All of these tanks are N=0 P=0.05 and no water changes for long time, except the 40B which required it recently due to neglect and ultra-mega high alkalinity levels (because I wasn't paying attention)