1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taotronic 36w Grow Light?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jshafer81, Jan 5, 2018.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. I've been following along on this forum for a while and am finally getting around to reworking my tank a bit so want to give an ATS a try. Getting the supplies for a DIY and I have the TaoTraonics 36 grow bulb bellow sitting around unused. I wondered if it would work for a waterfall style ATS or if it has too little of the 660nm red LED range?

https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-Lights-Hydroponics-Organic-Applicable/dp/B01HPIPM70/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1515183985&sr=8-1&keywords=taotronics%2B36%2Bwatt&th=1

Thanks for any help,

Justin

2. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

that's actually not too bad looking of a lamp. The #1 thing is going to be the focus, those lamps are generally made to be used shining down on to plants from a distance of a few feet. Putting them in close proximity to an algae screen means the intensity will likely be too high

What I recommend is trying to take the lenses out. To to this, you have to remove the bezel, then they usually just fall off, and you can put the bezel back in. But, some lamps are rigged with a switch that doesn't allow them to work without the lenses in place, I've seen that before, just not really sure how they accomplish that (some kind of pressure switch)