1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The L3 ATS journey begins

Discussion in 'Customer Support' started by Maverick, Mar 4, 2013.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. Ricky

Ricky Member Trusted Member Multiple Units! Customer

I like the aqua scape. Very nice

2. Hi all.. Just a little update ... Well the tank is running fine,with no algae in the display tank what's so ever.... Only thing is nitrate is starting to rise,and it being doing this quite steadily over the last 6 months....It was always around 2-5 ppm but it's risen up to over 10-15 ppm .... I have been running the scrubber with a lighting period of 3 hours on 3 off , so getting 12 hours of light a day .... Any ideas what I can do ... Still not over stocked and not added any fish or inverts for over a year ...

Cheers mav :)

3. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

Increase photoperiod and/or flow, slightly.

What about P? K?

4. Don't know bud lol...I will check that tomorrow mate... :)

5. Just had a check on the phosphate and kh and the results are 0.015 mg/lp elos high res.. And the kh is 8 as normal and the calcium is 445ppm .... So far I have slowed down the flow to about for what it was,and lighting period the same....

6. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

Slowed down the flow?

7. Yes mate to about half of what it was ....

8. Turbo

I was curious as to why - I recommended increasing

9. Yep silly me lol...Got the pump running flat out again...Do you think setting the lighting to a 12 hour cycle would help,instead of a 3 on 3 off??

10. Turbo

Well I told Dan to combine his and he ended up with a much different growth. So now I'm a little cautious with that recommendation. If the split period is working, I wouldn't mess with it much. I would add a little to the 'on' and reduce the 'off', and see if that affects anything. All you're going for is fine-tuning it so that you can pull out that little extra nitrate creep. You should be able to pull it all the way down.