1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time to spin up Turbo Algae Scrubber production!

Discussion in 'Product Information' started by Turbo, May 10, 2018.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

I'll be increasing my level of Algae Scrubber production significantly over the next couple weeks. Now is the time to get in line if you've been on the fence about getting one of my scrubbers!

This is due to a bit of an unfortunate circumstance related to my day job. Or, it could turn out to be just the kick in the behind that was needed.

Whichever way to look at it, one thing is for certain....it's....

SCRUBBER BUILDIN' TIME!

[​IMG]

That's my new logo...I'll be rolling out my new website towards the end of this month as I ramp up production. Right now, it's the same old super ugly Zoho webjunksite, pretty outdated...but most of the info is still relevant. But the new one is going to knock the socks off of it.

I've continued to brainstorm ways to improve my Algae Scrubbers. Most of these have been refinements in my manufacturing process to make them quicker to build, some have been to improve ease of use and reliability.

Some of the improvements I've made since I first rolled out the Rev 4 are:
    • Improved lid design for larger units
    • Revised False Bottom (injection molded vs Extruded)
    • Revised Base for larger units
    • Changed power connectors from "automotive weatherpacks" to sealed connectors
    • Longer power cables for larger units
    • Power cable extensions available
    • Improvements to Driver Board components
    • Improved 3D printed potentiometer holder
    • Revised End Cover Plates for L2 and L4 units
    • Revised Drain Control Valve
    • Improved L4/8/16 Slot Pipe design
    Some of the things that I have in the works are:
    • Injection molded version of my Drain Control Valve
    • Revised design of the L4, L8 and L16 Growth Chambers (simpler design, faster assembly)
    • Improvement to the general design concept of the Slot Pipe, Screen, and water distribution assembly (this one will be a major improvement)
    ...and of course, I'm always looking forward!

I will be accepting payments immediately for anyone who wants a scrubber, just submit a Support Ticket by going here and following the instructions:

Turbo's Aquatics - Ordering

My current build time is running a little over 3 weeks from payment. So to err on the side of caution, I'm going to guarantee shipment of L2 and L4 units within 1 month of payment, or shipping is FREE!!!!

* for international shipments, discounted according to the in-US shipping rates

For unit prices and shipping rates, see this page:

Rev 4 Turbo Algae Scrubber Availability and Pricing

Regarding availability of L8 and L16 units: please contact me for info

I'm going to hold this 1-month guarantee window open as long as I possibly can. If I end up with a backlog that might prevent me from meeting it, I'll post as such here.

If you've been on the fence about getting one of my Algae Scrubbers, it's jump time!

Thanks for your consideration!
    Bud

2. Chromedome

Chromedome New Member

Bud, good to hear your ramping up production and even though that was due to other events i believe it is a good move as one of your customers that waited 4 months from initial list to receiving it is the final product i ended getting is a great design and easy to work with. I have now did initial 2 very light cleaning with good growth for new unit.
    more to come later however i must state that this actually exceeded my expectation for design ease of use and performance. great product.