1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Triton method with Algae Scrubber

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SillySanj, Jan 3, 2016.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. SillySanj

SillySanj Member Customer

I recently popped over to a fellow reefer to pick up a small frag and was pretty amazed with the Triton setup running on the tank. It's something I'd like to look in to further for current tank and possibly next upgrade.

Now the question is would a Turbo scrubber be capable of removing enough of the nutrients for using Triton method?

Do we have anyone who's running Triton with Buds LED scrubber?

Any input would be helpful to me.

Ta

2. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

I'm only vaguely familiar with the Triton method, I tried contacting them when I first heard about them but never heard back. Don't they have an algae growing component as part of their method?

3. SillySanj

SillySanj Member Customer

Hey Bud,

I did the exactly that and had the same result, no response.
    It does involve dosing certain elements and algae harvesting for nutrient control so half of the job is already done with your scrubber hence the query on with a scrubber be more than enough to be injunction of the Triton method. Some of the reefers that do use scrubber and Triton don't give too much info away.

Found this as it's the "dummies" guide but no info of if algae scrubber is suitable to be in use for nutrirent exchange and if the sizing (say L2) is correct.

4. Any new info regarding Triton + ATS?

5. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

Doesn't sound like it I guess...at least not from Triton