1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trouble with growth

Discussion in 'Customer Support' started by dan, Jan 26, 2014.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. dan

dan New Member Customer

Both dosers were stuck on, which defiantly caused by calcium to drop. my mag was a little low but not what i had earlier reported. You were right i was reading the test kit wrong.
    I have worked to get the tank parameters back to close to normal.
    Ca 353 (Hanna)
    K 360 Salifert
    ALK 8.57 Hanna
    Mg 1430 Salifert
    PO4 0.0 hanna
    NO3 0.0 Salifert
    I'm at 12hrs photo period, with the diffusers in. I put the diffusers back in as i was getting zero growth in the middle of the screen in the area of the blue led. i believe i'm starting to get some better growth, as i'm seeing some green growth.
    upload_2014-2-18_20-36-6.png

2. dan

dan New Member Customer

On a side note is anyone reporting having issues keeping K at 400ppm? I'm finding that i can't dump enough K into my tank.
    thanks
    Dan

3. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

Yup that is common. What are you dosing with?

I did manage to shoot it way over 400 on 3 tanks. I was mixing up Brightwell Potassion-P triple strength (which is what it ends up being if you follow the jar directions, they still haven't even fixed the website directions even after I pointed out the error to Chris Brightwell)

4. dan

dan New Member Customer

i'm using the same stuff , but still having issues keeping at 400ppm. I'm thinking of adding a dosing pump to maintain it.
    I think the algae is using it up.
    do you dose K regularly ?

5. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

No, but I'm not sure what the uptake rate is once it drops. I had one tank drop to 200 so I know it can get pretty low. Seems that getting it to stay above 400 means mad K dosing.