1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turbo Algae Scrubber Availability Information

Discussion in 'Product Information' started by Turbo, Nov 28, 2012.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

This thread will be updated per availability and waiting times for various models. You can send me a PM to get placed on a waiting list, and I will send you an e-mail and keep you updated on production.

2. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

For the "first run" of each set of units, I have been running a pricing special. This only applies to the initial sets of each model:

$30 off the first 35 L2s (except a few that I botched)
    $45 off the first 14 L3s
    $60 off the first 12 L4s

As of today, here is how the waiting list stands:

L2s: 13 units remaining to be built: 15 on the waiting list
    **If people drop off the waiting list, first run pricing may be available

L3s: 14 units remaining to be built: 1 on the waiting list
    **First run pricing is currently available

L4s: 12 units remaining to be built: 14 on the waiting list
    **First run pricing is no longer available

I was going to have a set of parts made for 35 more L2s. However, I may cut that in half and do another 11 L4s.

Please let me know if you are interested ASAP so I can plan to meet demand by the end of the year.

Thanks,
    Bud

3. Turbo

I added pics of the first L3 and L4 units in the build process to the product pages

4. Turbo

L4 Product page updated with additional pictures and information. The first batch of these started shipping this week.

Also, the first L3 is done, that product page will be updated soon as well.

You will note that in the L4 product page, a few updates are shown, like the adjustable water creep blockers, and different LED wiring layout. These also apply to the other models. More to come...

5. Turbo

L3 product page updated!

6. Turbo

The L3 shown in the product info thread was reserved, but they had to hold off until after the holidays so it is available and ready to ship on Monday. If you want it, PM or e-mail me, or use the contact us link if you are not a member of the site.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  7. Turbo

UPDATED LIST

For the "first run" of each set of units, I have been running a pricing special.

As of today, here is how the waiting list stands:

L2s
    • 4 units remaining to be built
    • First run pricing of $30 off is currently available for these last 4 units!!
    • No waiting list - units will ship within 10 days of payment, or you get another 10% off the base price (excludes December 25th - 29th)
    L3s
    • 13 units remaining to be built
    • First run pricing of $45 off is currently available!!
    • No waiting list - units will ship within 10 days of payment, or you get another 10% off the base price (excludes December 25th - 29th)
    L4s
    • All first run units claimed and will ship by Monday.
    • 3 on the waiting list for the next batch
    • Units will ship within 14 days of payment, or you get 10% off the base price (excludes December 25th - 29th)
    • First run pricing is no longer available
    • Units will be individually made until next CNC parts run in January

To make payment, contact me via PM or e-mail, or if you are not a registered member of the site, use the Contact Us form

Thanks,
    Bud

8. Turbo

UPDATED LIST

L2s
    • All first run units claimed and shipped
    • No waiting list - units will ship by January 31st or within 14 days of payment (whichever is longer), or you get 10% off the base price ($37)
    L3s
    • 11 units remaining to be built
    • No waiting list - units will ship within 14 days of payment, or you get another 10% off the base price ($46)
    L4s
    • All first run units claimed and will ship by Monday.
    • 5 on the waiting list for the next batch
    • Units will ship by January 31st or within 14 days of payment (whichever is longer), or you get 10% off the base price ($52)

To make payment, contact me via PM or e-mail, or if you are not a registered member of the site, use the Contact Us form

Thanks,
    Bud

9. Turbo

UPDATED LIST

L2s

• Next set of part are in, units are available for purchase now
    • Units will ship within 14 days of payment

L3s

• 11 units remaining to be built

L4s

• Next set of parts for 12 units is scheduled for arrival on 1/30 or earlier.
    • Units will ship within 14 days after I receive parts, then within 14 days of payment after that.
    • Additional parts will be made as soon as I run low

I have the shopping cart installed but I am still configuring and testing, as well as getting the shipping modules set up properly. In the meantime, I will continue to send out invoices via PayPal.

I will no longer maintain a "waiting list". Those currently on the list will be given priority whenever possible, but orders will be filled on a first come, first served basis after payment is made.

Due to my historical inability to meet nearly any self-inflicted deadline, I will not longer be offering a guaranteed shipping date with a discount for not meeting it. I hope everyone can understand that while I do my absolute best to get orders filled in the fastest humanly possible time, I also have a full-time job and a full-time family, both of which take priority. In most cases, this priority is completely out of my control and thus completely messes with my ability to meet the aforementioned self-inflicted deadline. What can I say - I can't make these units fast enough!

Thanks,
    Bud

10. Turbo

Progress pic

[​IMG]

Part Stock

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. sabbath

sabbath Member Trusted Member Customer

Wow! And what's with the one with clear acrylic ends? A demo?

Sent from my mobile

Don

12. Turbo

I was wondering who was going to spot that! Can't get anything past you. Yes that is another one I've been wanting to do for a while, it is exactly that, a demo unit. I will have this at frag fests so people can see inside and tell what is happening. Also great for training videos.

13. sabbath

sabbath Member Trusted Member Customer

Nice. Have you thought about a dimmable driver for this one. This would make it easier to look at with the lights dimmed low while demonstrating it. Then have a simple pot to turn it up if asked to be blinded.

Sent from my mobile

Don

14. Turbo

Yep! My thoughts exactly.

15. Turbo

UPDATED LIST

L2s
    • ~30 units are available for purchase now
    • I have several units partially completed. Shipping may occur a little faster
    L3s
    • 8 units remaining to be built
    L4s
    • 8 units remaining to be built
    • Additional parts will be made as soon as I run low
    Note: If you want the DIY LED Kit version of any of the L-series Algae Scrubbers, those usually ship a little sooner

I brought on a friend to take care of the website static pages and shopping cart issues. In the meantime, I will continue to send out invoices via PayPal.

To make payment, contact me via PM or e-mail, or if you are not a registered member of the site, use the Contact Us form.

I will no longer maintain a "waiting list". Those currently on the list will be given priority whenever possible, but orders will be filled on a first come, first served basis after payment is made.

Due to my historical inability to meet nearly any self-inflicted deadline, I will not longer be offering a guaranteed shipping date with a discount for not meeting it. I hope everyone can understand that while I do my absolute best to get orders filled in the fastest humanly possible time, I also have a full-time job and a full-time family, both of which take priority. In most cases, this priority is completely out of my control and thus completely messes with my ability to meet the aforementioned self-inflicted deadline.

Currently I am also working on tearing down and re-stocking a restaurant customer's tank to convert it to a full reef system, which includes re-working the filtration system with some custom acrylic inserts, which is compounding things. I'm a reefer at heart and sometimes this dedication interferes with everything else. The thread for this project is >>Here<<.

Thanks,
    Bud