1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turbo HF - Rev 2, up and running

Discussion in 'Customer Support' started by John H, Feb 2, 2014.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. John H

John H New Member Customer

I received my brand new L2 a few days ago, and finally had time to install it today. It was money well spent, as it came packaged beautifully with every extra you could possibly imagine! It is extremely well built, and installed with no problems.

I do have a couple of questions, and I'm hoping someone here can help:

With the new LED's, what should I do for the initial lighting schedule? There's no diffuser, but should I adjust the jumpers? If so, what jumpers do I remove?

What lighting schedule should I use? 9 hours seems to be the recommended amount.

Finally, the water doesn't cover the whole screen. I've adjusted it higher and lower, and no matter what the setting is seems to arc out from one end. Once the algae is growing, will it be OK?

Thanks!

2. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

1) don't touch the jumpers. I'll forward you an e-mail with information regarding changing settings, but you won't need to do this for a while.

2) 9 hours to start, adjust from there as needed

3) water coverage is normal. Flow coverage will fill in as you get growth.