1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turbo's Aquatics HF L4 scrubber

Discussion in 'Customer Support' started by Peter, Jul 14, 2014.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. Peter

Peter Member Trusted Member Customer

This is very very helpful. Thank you Bud very much, you have helped me a lot.
    I will let you know about my progress.
    I have decided to just go with your scrubber with one side lit, for 9 hours overnight after PWC. I think that this could be helpful, and that it may help with algae in DT, with this light bioload for now.

2. Peter

Hi Everybody. :)

Just wanted to share with you tank progress so far.
    Tank is seven months old, and there is some corals in it.
    All corals are here for a month now, and skimmer is working 24/7 on lowest possible settings. Dry skimm with lowest air intake.

My No3 are 20 ppm now, so I decided to start my scrubber again (scrubber didn't work for several months).
    After my white algae tank problems, I was trying to level this tank just with WC and lowest skimmer usage.
    Plan is to run scrubber overnight for 9 hours, but just with one side lit.
    This is L4 HF scrubber, and I have just 4 fishes so far, so one side should be accurate for now.

I am monitoring my Alkalinity every few days, and dosing to maintain 8 value.
    Also, I should try Kalkwasser as you suggested, while monitoring Calc and Alk regularly.

I am just worried regarding watching Magnesium levels, and I wish that there is any cheap solution for keeping Magnesium in line?

Am I correct for using L4 HF scrubber for 9 hours overnight, with just one side lit?

Thanks

Blue.jpg

3. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

I would use both lights. Running only one side will not be as effective because the non-lit side will tend to die off. So always run both sides if you have them. But, that doesn't mean you have to run them both at the same time. Run one 4 hours, then the other 4 hours.

Magnesium is one of the cheapest things to keep in line for me because it doesn't seem to drop as much or need to be dosed as much as cal or mag, are you having to dose it a ton or something?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
    Peter likes this.
  4. Peter

I will check levels of Mag, and we will see. I was asking just for best direction.
    I will use both sides than, but what would be your recommendation?
    To start with break in with 9 hours both sides for now?

5. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

I would just run 4 on one side, 4 on the other side, or maybe 5 & 5 with one hour overlap where they are both on.

Peter likes this.
  6. Peter

Great, thanks a lot!
    I am using 5 & 5 option from tonight.

Thanks