1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unused L2 Rev 4 for Sale

Discussion in 'Classifieds for Turbo Algae Scrubbers' started by Jreef, May 27, 2017.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. Jreef

Jreef New Member

Hi All -

I bought a L2 Rev 4 in May, 2016. I never got around to setting it up and now am tearing my tank down for a move. I am selling this unused (not put together, never seen water) L2 Rev 4 with Rio pump with Rio 1100 pump (never used as well) for $380 +shipping. The screen is still in the original plastic bag. The instructions say to keep it moist. It could be dried out.

It is located in Chicago so feel free to avoid shipping costs and pick it up. Important - with the holidays and my work schedule this week the earliest I can ship/you can pick up is next weekend June 2nd/3rd.

I will cross post this on Reef Central as well. My user name is fftfk. Thanks.

John

2. Is this still for sale?

3. Jreef

Jreef New Member

Hi Paul -

It is still available. Thanks.

John

4. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

Just FYI, for anyone interested, it is very simple to re-coat a dried out mortar screen (really really simple, and cheap)

It is likely dried out, but it's possible that you could re-hydrate it - although honestly, I haven't tried. when they are freshly made, the mortar is still flexible since it is kept damp. Once it gets fully dried, I'm not sure how effective it is to just place it is water for a day or two, but that's basically what you do.

If it crackles when you bend it (after soaking) then you just scrub the mortar off and re-apply. After a day of curing and a few days of soaking in tap water or RODI, you are good to go.

5. Has this been sold already?

6. Jreef

Jreef New Member

The Algae Scrubber has been sold.