1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Website Downtime

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by Turbo, Jan 25, 2018.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

Due to an issue on the web server which took some troubleshooting, I took the forum offline - actually, I placed the entire website into a "suspended" status.

So no one person was "suspended" - it was the website itself. This was due to some suspected spammer activity, and you can thank some spammers from the Republic of Moldova for that. Over 65% of the traffic for the last month has come from one IP address. But that wasn't the main issue, it was just suspected.

The issue had to do with IP routing, once I fixed that, I didn't want to touch anything until it wasn't going to cause other potential issues during the day

Sorry for the downtime!

I'll be implementing some stronger measures to shortly, so there will be additional downtime, but that should only be the forum going into maintenance mode. But, we'll see how the evening goes..

Bud

rfbrowne likes this.
  2. reeftivo

reeftivo New Member

thanks Bud

Chrome still has it down but I can access in explorer.

keeping an eye out for REV4 L2 updates ;-)

3. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

Clear your browser cache, it will come right up - Settings > Advanced > Clear Browsing Data > only check "Cached Images and Files" for "Last 24 hours" and that should do the trick.

4. reeftivo

reeftivo New Member

worked, thanks

Turbo likes this.