1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenforo Feedback

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Turbo, Dec 23, 2013.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

Anyone have any recommendations, likes, dislikes, etc?

A few things I have noticed:

You can't individually select the number of posts per page that show up. This is a global setting only. Under vB, you could select this depending on your preference. Looking for a fix.

You can't give certain usergroups the rights to do things like post longer messages (character count) or include more images per message, more links per message, etc. Again, these are global settings.

Because I run this site under an SSL, when you post a link to an externally hosted picture like Photobucket, etc, and the link is not secure, this results in a warning showing up in the address bar. The fix is to pull all external picture references into the site. This will also fix broken links if someone moves their pics. The add-on for this converts all referenced pics to locally hosted and then runs a cron job every so often to pull references down for new posts.

I have to dig into picture settings as there must be a max pic display size. Some of Rumpy's pics are gigantic and show up with "this picture has been resized" of "click to see full size" and they're already huge. They show up that way on the e-mail alert as well.