1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Soon: Turbo HF - Rev 3 of the L Series Algae Scrubber

Discussion in 'Product Information' started by Turbo, May 28, 2013.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

So are you asking if you can use the bracket on the old L2? Or are you wanting to upgrade? confused...

2. SillySanj

SillySanj Member Customer

Toying around the idea if I can purchase and do the upgrade to HF and also purchase the brackets? Obviously the upgrade is cheaper of the two so, need to make a decision on buy all out new with all the trimmings, or upgrade current scrubber.
    As you already know, I'm not much of a DIY person so if the upgrade is a doodle, might just go for that.

3. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

For the Rev 1, the bottom drain upgrade (kit #1) just involves adding a patch with any weld-on type product. This one has the most value IMO

The Rev 1 side drain upgrade (kit #2) involves cutting a hole on the side of the unit a little lower than the current one and adding a patch to cover up the old hole. So that's a little more DIY required, but all you need is a hole saw and a drill really. If you can drill a hole you can do it. Acrylic is tough stuff no worries.

The slot pipe upgrade (kit #3 for rev 1 and rev 2) is one that I would not really recommend unless you feel you really had a definitive need for it. After I switched the end cap design of the slot pipe, it doesn't really work quite as well to add the end-cap patches and enclose the slot pipe. I haven't had much demand for that kit anyways so figuring out the best retrofit option has been put lower in my stack of priorities.

The lid upgrade (kit #4) is obviously really easy but for the most part aesthetic (unless your lid is severely warping)

4. I have an original/unmodified L3, Rev 2 I believe.

I want to upgrade with all the kits.

I want to know if your offer to upgrade to HF for free, and other deductions are still available for my unit.

I also want the new light blockers.

Include the weld on glue if possible.

Please just add up the costs, deduct the deductions, give me the price plus shipping, and let me know how to pay.

5. Turbo

The #1 kit is free to L3 and L4 owners as it addresses a flow issue inherent to those models.

I have been really behind on getting all of these kits out to people, this summer/fall has been a bit of a whirlwind. But I do have you on my excel spreadsheet per your desired kits - I just need time to actually get everyone taken care of!

There is a thread for the upgrade kits here for anyone else curious

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  6. Mike185

Mike185 Member Customer

When will the new HF line be available?

Thanks.

7. Turbo